Thread: incident :(
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
PattiNumber_H
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brezofleur View Post
This is a real big reason of why I don't think I want kids... not because *my* kids would be like that, but because there are so many out there. Parents can only teach so much before they start learning from their peers.
Not always, I have a pre-teen young man, that I have made my number one priority, his only goal is to make mom happy. You get what you put into them. I have always been his number one fan, always have time to talk about whatever he wants to discuss no matter how trivial it may seem. He comes to me first with girl questions, bad information from friends, he needs any answer he knows he will can get it from me. He trusts and believes me and I try to always lead by example, especially in my demeanor.

That being said, it is a full-time job, and I only have one! They require your undivided attention, otherwise, yes they seek out their peers and any frivolous activity. It is my responsibility to mold this person, it would be the equivalent of not interacting with your dog until the end of the day, and after it had been around all sorts of other dogs and people (bad examples), you would be left with something more like them instead of something more like yourself.

I hate to compare children with pets, but it really just comes down to quality time invested.
PattiNumber_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!