View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
Barryn514
Yorkie Yakker

Default Yorkie getting old. :-(

I am new to this forum but am looking for advise so found this forum.

We have two Yorkie's, names are Buddy and Holly. Buddy is now 14 and Holly is 3. Buddy is less than 3 lbs and has been such a great pet and shows lots of love. My wife has always said this is her dog and Holly is my little girl which I guess is true. He no longer can see or hear due to age, that is what the Vet says. Has always had teeth problem so we had to have the last few removed about a month ago. Has been on soft food for years due to not having any teeth.

I am so worried and really do not know what to do. I have noticed that last few days that he seem disoriented and is now having a hard time getting around the house. He eats well and goes potty well but the last few days, his urine is real clear and no color too it. It is SO sad to see him bump into things and seem to be lost most of the time. We pretty much have to carry him around all the time, which we do not mind doing! When we go to work, he gets into his bed and stays there until we get home which is within 4-5 hrs of leaving the house. He doesn't seem to be in any pain that we can tell.

I guess I need some advise or feed back. I don't know if we should have him put to sleep or not. Our Vet has never said anything about it, seem to avoid bring it up since she knows how we feel about our "kid" as we refer to them. She just says he is getting old.

SO SAD FOR OUR LITTLE BUDDY!!!!
Barryn514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!