View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

I am going to venture to say no that there is no way to physically keep a male dog that goes inside from dribbling. My last male was paper trained. I kept two step in littler boxes in my laundry room where i have wooden floors. 100% of the time that he used them he would leave dribble spots on the floor in front of the box which I was constantly wiping up. This drove me me crazy. I wound up getting a a roll of shelf liner, the heavy duty rubber type, and put that in the area he would step on when exiting the box, the drips were still there and daily I would wipe it up with a damp paper towel, every few days or so I would take the mat up and scrub it in my laundry tub. I kept a few mats so I could rotate while one dried. It's the nature of the male, when they go outside they leave most of the dribble there but inside unless you are there to wipe after him I don't know how you can avoid it. I am not sure where you have your piddle pad, but if you can put it in non carpeted area against a wall and preferably in a corner, this way you can put something down on the area he exits. I had a friend that babysat a small male chi that went on papers and she complained of the same thing. This problem was one of the reasons I got a female this time.

Last edited by DBlain; 01-19-2012 at 08:28 PM.
DBlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!