Thread: incident :(
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

Default incident :(

I was out on my balcony this afternoon with my Yorkie Suzi and Shih Tzu Miely, they always come out with me always supervised , I live on the second floor , 3 middle school to H.S. girls were walking on the sidewalk down the stairs from us, and Suzi started to Yak at them, not even a full bark, one of the girls said clearly and loudly to Suzi to "shut the F*** up!" I abnsolutely heard the girl and asked which one of you said that? One said "not me" anther stood there and said nothing, so I said it was the "little one" cause it was aparent how nervous she was, I told them "DO not tell my dog to .. .. .. ! Do not ever do that again. They walked off accross the street. Next thing I knew it A adult woman across the street starts yelling at me , telling me not to talk to her kid that way, and how did I know it was her kid, I got into a yeling match with her and told her she was a bad mom for not teaching her kid how to be respectful , once i called her a bad parent she starts walking faster, she was still accross the street though, then my son notices a police car going up to the woman, then anther one and anther.. I am thinking Geez, all this for telling a kid not to talk to my dog to ..... I just go about my buisness , and after around 10 min, or so a lady officer knocks at my door, says to my why do you think I ma here, I let her know three girls had walked by and said ..... .... and I told them to never do that again. I explained to the officer these are not regular pets they are service dogs. the officer was really cool about it, and of course that was not the sory she heard from the mother, and said the mother was not there , it was me and the kids, and I explained to the officer i am normally not that assertive , and would never "tell kids off" or threatend a child. I use to be a teacher. And would not do something like that. It was not like my dogs ran after the girls , or I ran after them , nothing ever occured but me teeling them not to cuss at my dog , Suzi. I went ona little about how kids are so disrespectful these days, and the cop agreed . She gave simple advice to me like just go tell the manager, but the kids do not live in the same apts.
I did yell at the kids and did repeat what they said, by telling them NOT tell my dog to shut the F- up
The whole incident was pretty ridiculous in my opinion. the parent acting like i threatened her kid, which I did not, and calling the poice? Nobnody has ever talked to my dog like that , and it was my instant reaction to say something to them. I live in a rural town and sometimes it seems like the police have nothing better to do, 3 cop cars? Well I felt the lady officer understood and was very nice about it , It was totally unessesary for this parent to over react the way she did , but at least the officer agreeed that my dogs ere like my children. Their is alot of kids in this area that are so rude and have little common sense.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!