View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Default Last Callie surgery update

This is the last update on Callie from her surgery on her right leg Today was her 8 week check up with the Orthopedic Surgeon. It went ok I guess. She walked perfect for them of course no limp and he did note her left leg being a grade 2/3. He said ideally she shouldn't jump, shouldn't run too much, shouldn't retrieve toys and stuff if we want to baby the the ACL in her left leg so it might not tear even though its expected to tear. Well We have decided to limit what we can of the jumping but we can't make her miserable and take away everything she is for goodness sake she is 4 years old running is what she does she doesn't know how to just walk anywhere just run. I cant take her life away to possibly save an ACL that is more then likely gonna tear any way. I hope that doesn't sound bad. I already figured there is eventually going to be another surgery on the other leg so I have started saving for that but my grandma agrees with me and plans to pay for it if it happens before its all saved up. The only thing they said to watch for in the right leg was that the pins may irritate the skin and then in that case they would just remove them. I feel like I am making the best decision for my lil monkey what do yall think? I don't want to take her life away and everything that makes her happy.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!