View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Interesting that this came up. This Monday, I had Hoarders on as background noise, and I happened to notice that "1-800-GotJunk?" truck they always have. Well, I've been struggling to get rid of a bunch of furniture, etc, and having a devil of a time figuring out where it could go because some things are extremely heavy, broken, electronic, etc.

A little lightbulb in my head went off, and I went to the site. They said that they will sort through your stuff and recycle appropriately, etc, and that they could do a same day visit. I signed up, and boom, my apartment is suddenly empty!

I asked the guys about Hoarders, and they said that some of their coworkers have been on the show, but that for the trash pickup, most of it is staged - ie, they throw the same bag onto the truck 10 times to get the perfect shot. That kind of bummed me out, but I guess that's the reality of reality television.

Anyway, my dad has some hoarding instincts, but I don't think I've inherited it. I can be lazy about getting rid of stuff, but I don't get confused about what is trash and what isn't.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!