View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
I watch the hoarder programs. My Mother in law is a hoarder and hers is because she gets a high to saving money and buying things. She did experience loss because a few years ago she divirced. She doesnt live in filth but she just has tons of stuff and shes got 2 garages at the apt she lives in filled with stuff when she really cant afford to pay extra for the garages. Shes not the type of person you can say anything to so her sons say nothing about it. But then she will try to bring the tremendous amounts of things she buys over to our house and the other Sons house which fires me up because we have space problems and I dont want the clutter or overabundance. Shes the type of person that instead of buying my daughter a pair of shoes she will bring over 2 garbage bags full of shoes and then I am livid. My Husband aND i HAVE GOTTEN IN MANY ARGUMENTS OVER THE YEARS BECAUSE OF THIS. aNYWAY SO NOW HE TELLS HER WHEN SHE DOES IT. Not all hoarders live in filth. It is likie those shows on saving money where those women fill up their garage or bedroom with things they have couponed for and saved alot of money getting. I really think it is dangerous to show programs like that on tv because it gives the impression it is okay and normal
I love this point, never really thought about this before, but I totally agree, at some point it is nuts to have such an accumulation of things. I watched the couponing show and I thought what if she ever has to move?

Sorry to hear about your MIL, that would drive me nuts.

Join today and remove this ad!