View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #12
SweetLifetime
Senior Yorkie Talker

Cody loves his two feline sisters and wants to play with them and generally be their best friend. My cats are kind of hilarious though. In an unwitting turn of events, the cats have established a pack order among things with tails and little Cody is at the bottom of the pile. And he totally knows it.

Nutmeg, my oldest at about 3 and a half, is clearly in charge. From day one she whacked Cody a couple times (no claws) and he listens to her. He wants to play with her. He does the play bow and dances around her and barks even, but if she so much as raises a paw at him, they're all done. Sometimes she'll let him have it and play for a couple minutes, but when she's done she's done.

Madeline is my middle child at just over a year old. She and Cody play more, but she has no more patience than Nutmeg. When she's done she's done. Same notification system too.... when it's over she just bops him and he gives up. Although sometimes she thinks a good game is to sit in one place while Cody has the zoomies and just swat at him as he races by. He doesn't seem to care and no claws are involved so it's all good.

So yeah, Cody just wants to play and be friends. The cats are lukewarm on the issue. The house rule is that everything's fair game until someone cries. So far, that's never happened so we're set.
SweetLifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!