View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default Is Your Yorkie Good with Cats?

Jackson is okay with cats.... so long as they don't run, LOL. He's so weird. He'd never hurt a cat. But he's VERY interested in them; a little too interested most of the time. Like, we can't just go into someones house who has a cat and just let him loose because if he sees that cat, and then cat runs, he chases it.

But my dad has two cats and he can be chilling upstairs and not really care that much about them. We have a gate at the top of the stairs and dogs mainly stay down and cats up. However my bedroom is upstairs so often he will be up there and not really seemingly caring about the cats- unless the other dogs begin barking at them.

If it's a cat that shows equal interested in him, and will allow Jackson to sniff it, etc, he's fine. But yeah it's the running thing that causes his chase instinct to come out.

I think if I got a kitten and brought it home, he'd become friends with the cat. So I guess the answer is: "it's complicated". Not sure I'd ever willingly choose to live with cats and Jackson together, lol.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!