Thread: YT Brides to Be
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
DJDB
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz06 View Post
Oh no! I was reading your thread about your Vegas wedding! It sounded awesome! We toyed with the idea of a destination wedding but my fiance's mom said absolutely not... her daughter had a destination wedding and it was too much hassle and too much money for the family. It is also important to me for my grandmas to be there and one wouldn't come for sure if it was too far away!

It might be tough to stick to a $1500 budget! Do you know anyone with a large yard you could have the ceremony in? An old coworker of mine also did a backyard barbeque reception after their wedding. I think they kind of did a potluck for that!

We have also bought a TON of stuff on Kijiji. We got vases for our centrepieces, tealight holders for the tables, a cake cutting set, and I can't even think of what else right now! But people will sell things pretty much brand new that they used at their wedding, or even bought and didn't use, and then you can sell it again later! I am hoping to make back a lot of the money we spent on our decor so far.
Thanks so much for the Kijiji idea! I'll look on craigslist, too.

My worst issue is that I'm an accountant and we are just starting into tax season, our busy BUSY time, and now I have to plan a whole wedding with no spare time. I'm stressed and I haven't even started yet!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!