View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Urgent response please read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella dolce View Post
Hello! Our Baby Bella Dolce is about 6 weeks old. we've had her for 2 weeks. She has lost 3 ounces- and now weighs 1.1 pounds. For the past 2 days she has had green diarrhea. Today she vomited twice. She is lethargic, not playful, and just looks out of it. She hasn't eaten solid foods in almost 48 hours. Won't drink much either. She peed about 3 times today- bright yellow pee. We had a funeral to travel to from Atlanta and she got sick on our 2nd to last day there. Took her to the vet this morning (Banfield/Petsmart) in Raleigh. Parvo test was negative. Worm tests were also negative. Rectal Temp was low/normal at 99.5. They didn't know what was wrong with her! We haven't changed her food. She was on Science diet puppy ground food- not hard. She wasn't crazy about it. The vet gave her Metronidazol and some Florifauna stuff to put on her food-which won't help because she isn't eating her food! I have been giving her Pedialyte this evening- she fights me and I give it to her in a syringe along with Nutri-Cal. She doesn't like either. I am so scared and I don't want to lose her. What do you think could be the problem? She's not been around any other dogs. Should I take her back to the vet in the morning? Could she need an IV drip or blood tests? Can she survive without solid foods? She's so tiny. What signs do I need to look for to tell if she's getting worse or critically ill? Shouldn't the vet have done more for her? Please- help us- I'm not sure what else to do?
Ok let me start by saying I am very sorry for what you are going through and I truly hope this poor baby Bella is restored to health quickly..

Now if I am to understand this right you have a 6 week old puppy and you have had her for 2 weeks? This would mean she was taken from her mother at 4 weeks? If this is true, I can tell you what is wrong and I can't imagine the vet did not? This puppy was removed (not weaned) from her mother WAY TOO SOON. I raised 25 fine black lab pups, I never ever let one go at 4 weeks, 6 weeks or even 8 weeks. All my pups stayed for 10 minimum, and some longer. Puppies get important nutrition and immunities from their mothers milk, they need this time with their mother, period.

You need to get this poor baby to an emergency qualified vet where she can be properly evaluated and properly cared for. Run, literally. PLEASE.

Good Luck and please let us know how this turns out. Please do your homework in the future, the breeders who took this poor baby and gave her to you should not breed EVER again.

Lynn
lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!