View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
Ameroth
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thank you so much for your advice. With your help and not feeling 100 percent about surgery I didn't go through with it today. The vet probably thinks I am nuts. I wasn't able to talk to her but set up another appointment for her to look at it. After sitting around all day I decided to call a vet that my sister in-law works for. They got me in today for a second opinion. He was very friendly and nice and did a nice job examining him. He felt like the "bump" wasn't a solid piece more under the skinning floating. Due to its odd shape he said if he had to do surgery he would have to do a pretty big incision to get it all. Which the other vet said too, soo if it were to grow it would be important to get it out immediately. He said it felt more like inflamation than a tumor but of course said he could not gaurentee that. I ask about the biopsy and needle aspiration(sp?) he said because of its shape the needle aspiration wouldn't be a viable test but possible could detect cancer cells (but he didn;t reccomend it)and if I wanted a biopsy he said you might as well take the whole thing out. So he ended up gving Tucker a coritosone shot to see if the swelling/lump would decrease. I asked about antibiotics and he didn't seem to think that would help. He was impressed with all my questions! Thanks to you all. I go back to him in 10 days. Now I am feeling better but still concerned of course and to top it off a need to choose which vet to proceed with. The one I just met today or the vet he has gone to since he was three months...
Ameroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!