View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

[QUOTE=Ringo1;3792446]You guys know that Lucy is getting ready to have her bladder stone surgery; she's at the Vet today to have blood work done and re-do her bile acids.

So, no matter what, I would not be making any Vet changes right away.

But I also don't want to feel like I'm being taken advantage of.

So I'm just going to see if we can compare notes - last week we went in for a physical exam of her back leg; 2 x rays of same; a few Rimadyl pills cut into fourths; and also got Ringo's fish oil supplement for his food.

Total cost $260 - does everyone think this is fairly reasonable? We just moved here about a a year ago and I find prices are $$$$$ compared to my old state.

Thats about the same as my vet. Recently took my Yorkie in for exam, 2 xrays, some pills cut into fourths; no fish oil supplement! cost was $270.

(Fish Oil Supplements - can be purchased from your local drugstore, Walmart etc., - probably much cheaper-they don't have to be high end doggy product.)

I have alot of experience with vets and have now found one that I love. What I have found is that where one is cheaper on somethings they make up for it on other things...so competitive wise I think that you'll find that most vets in your area end up being in the same ball park! Make some calls, most places wouldn't hesitate to give you charges over the phone!

Warning: Please be wary of any place that is overly cheap! Check online for reviews, BBB, Vets Assoc. etc..always do your homework!

Good Luck!

lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!