View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
snowbird
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default too protective please help

We went out last night to dinner for the first time since arriving in Florida on Saturday. We have been taking her out since she was a puppy, so it is not that she is not used to seeing other people. When anyone would come up to the table to greet us she would go into attack mode. She was being so protective of me. She was on my knee and would lunge towards them with this really mean bark and try to nip them. I corrected her and then she would lick them. However the next person to come near she would do the same. I defineitely do not like this behavior. I know these liitle ones can be very territorial but there has to be something I can do to correct this. Bella is a year and a half old. There have been certain people in the past she has not liked, but never has she been that aggresive. It was like she was my protector and no one was coming over to touch or hug her mommy. Can someone please give me some ideas of how to correct this very unlady like behavior. She is so cute that everyone that sees her wants to pet her. I know a dog trainer could help but that is not an option for me. I know so many of the members her have so much experience I hope you can help Bella and I. We love to take her out with us and she loves to go out. Please help us. Oh and to let you know I did repremand her when she did this by saying ...bad girl no bite and tapping her nose. I also had treats in my bag and one person agreed to try and pet her again. Most were like no I would like to keep the fingers I have. I gave him some treats and she did allow him to feed them to her and she didn't lunge at him then. Did I do the right thing....please help
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!