View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #10
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahPaul View Post
I've been trying to train Priscilla to use the bathroom outside, but I think I need to start using pee pads. As many of you may know I was in a pretty serious car wreck on Saturday. I have a broke leg, and my hip is fractured, so naturally I'm not able to walk hardly at all. I think training her to use it on a pad would be a lot less stressful on me. I also have cancer and am back and forth to the doctor's office multiple times a week. My brother is always home, so he watches after Priscilla. I think overall training her to use pads would be easier since I wouldn't have to worry about her not being taken outside. When she does have accidents in the house she pees or poops in the same places, it never fails. So should I put her pads there?
Hi Noah,
I'm sorry you have broken bones, too. I will certainly keep you in my thoughts. I found this and while I don't know if you have an exercise pen yet, I wanted to leave it for you. Hope it helps a little.

I recommend placing your puppy in an exercise pen. Put the puppy's pet taxi/crate inside the exercise pen with the door open, or off. Cover the floor inside the exercise pen with piddle pads and leave water and food available for your puppy. He will get accustomed to pottying on the pads when you are gone (he has no other choice as the whole area will be covered), and will become pad trained during the times you are not at home. After a couple weeks, gradually reduce the amount of the pen that is covered with pads. The puppy will be used to pottying on the pads, and will continue to potty on the pads, even when you reduce the amount of the pen that is covered to only one or two pads.

I did train Kacee to use pads as well as going outside, so they can and do learn to use them. Let us know how it goes. I included this, but it may not work for you. I figured your brother would be helping. A tiny treat will help her learn when she does go on the pad.

Last edited by yorkieusa; 01-16-2012 at 05:26 AM.
yorkieusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!