View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

We tried the can of pennies with Katie Scarlett. It worked for about a day. Now she loves her can of pennies and looks for you to shake it. She loves it, so no, it did not work for us. LOL. The only thing that worked for us is 'time out.' I know many do not like time out or say dogs do not understand it, but I am proof it works for us. For example, I give Katie Scarlett 3-5 warning barks. And she knows it. If she goes too much, I'll say 'Katie Scarlett, that's enough.' Usually this works. But every now and then she will keep going. I look at her and say 'time out,' and she immediately stops now. I had to put her in time out maybe 3 times before she understood. Time out for us consisted of her being in her crate for 2-5 minutes only. But it was enough to calm her down. When she came out, she was well behaved and played like a little angel. Now I can say 'time out' if she is doing anything like barking too much or into something she should not be and she is immediately a good girl. It works for us and I hope it continues to work. It has for 2 plus months now. Best of luck to you! I hope you can find something that works for you!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!