View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
JacksonNJagger
Yorkie Yakker

Question Can With Pennies?

Ok more advice needed

I spoke with a few trainers today about the boys' fighting and other issues. Mainly, they attack people's feet, the vaccum, basically noises and visitors. We attribute this to over excitement and their previous owner not training them properly. My mom doesn't believe in using spray bottles and we usually say "no" to redirect them or put them in timeout. Our main concern has been their random fighting and how to stop it. The one trainer I spoke to said to put one to sleep, (no way!), the other said to adopt one out, and the third said to use a can with pennies in it.

My mom doesn't like the idea and doesn't think training will work. She basically doesn't care if they stay as they are, I don't want them or others hurt, however. I did try the can today, and it worked, however it seemed to make them terrified, and Jagger even shook.

I felt so bad, they wouldn't come near me. Also, we think it may actually make them more aggressive. Does anyone have experience with this or use a can with pennies?

Thanks!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!