View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Just recently Tibbe has decided that he should get treats for eating! I cannot recall to save myself how this started but somehow during my post-op surgical period, obviously when I was under the influence of drugs, I must have treated Tibbe for eating his "puppy chow" as I call it to him, referring to his kibble, and that set a new precedent. Now, every time he eats from his bowl, he quickly scampers into the room where I am to get his treat! A treat for eating! And it is not like this dog has ever been a finicky eater that needed a reward or urging-on for eating - he's always eaten whatever was put down for him, no questions asked. But how we got to this new ritual of my little toot being rewarded for just basic eating is beyond me!

But if it wasn't something I did that started this, maybe he just decided he should be treated after eating and came over and sat up and begged and I treated him for sitting up and begging and he thought it was for the eating - I just don't know. But anyway, I now have a dog that thinks he should get a reward for just eating - and he does! (His "treats" are actually his regular kibble just kept in an airtight container with some fresh beef jerky which scents all of the kibble just like the jerky so Tibbe thinks those kibble bits are just heaven - they smell so good.) Anyway, he now, through his latest ritual, gets a bit more kibble than before since he wrangles kibble "treats" from his hapless mommie just for eating breakfast and dinner!!!! Some how, some way, a Yorkie will always have the upper hand in our relationship with them!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!