View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
tracyb1023
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default 8 months pregnant and worried! all advice appreciated!

Hi All,

Does anyone have any tips on preparing our "yorkie babies" (both 4 y/o neutered males) for the arrival of a "new baby?" I am 8 months pregnant with our first child and they have had very little interaction with babies or small children.

One of our yorkies (Roscoe) is an absolute doll--perfect personality, easy going and seems to adapt to any and everything. I am not worried about him at all. The other one (Remy)...not so much! I love him dearly, but he is more dominant by nature, a little high strung, and VERY VERY attached to me in general. For 4 years, HE has been my baby, so I am prepared for the jealousy. I know it will be a transition for all of us, but I am terrified that he will show signs of aggression. He is not a mean dog, but since I have not seen him around a baby, I don't know how it will all go.

Does anyone have experience with this???? I would love to hear stories and suggestions for bringing home a new baby. I hear lots of terrible stories about so many people having to surrender or give up their pets when they start families, and I could not imagine having to do that, but obviously an infant's safety has to come first.

Thank you all so much in advance!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!