View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #8
randi88
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thank you everyone for taking the time to help!

Kjc: wow thank you so much for telling me that I had no idea! I don't myself have them around but at family members houses they do.

Mom to hot rod - there is a phone service to call and have someone contact our vet in case of an emergency which is what I did but I don't know of an actual like 24u hour er vet in our area at all so there is not really a line to call and ask questions.

The vet however is supposed to call by 10 this morning to check on our little guy anyway though so I will ask him then. Rudi is still doing great and acting like nothing happened. He went out this morning and pottied like always and then came in and wanted his cuddle time mainly I am so relieved that as of right now at least it seems he is okay. Very scary night. It had me worried sick all night at work. We are so lucky to have our family vet though. He is getting up towards retirement and his son now works in the office more than he does but he really cares about the animals and anytime I have ever needed him whether for a stray or a pet he has always rushed to the office no matter what. Anytime I have ever found a stray and brought it in for care he doesn't charge. Such a sweet man. I can not count the times over the years that he has taken our (since passed on) family pets home with him and called in the middle of the night with a change for us. He really is an untypical vet for our area. Most older vets in our area are just old school farmer mentality vets. There are 2 offices that are not this way so things are starting to change. Sorry for the book I am just feeling all around very thankful this Sunday morning.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!