View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
randi88
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused Had a big scare tonight...

So my less than attentive boyfriend ( men ) called me tonight as I was on my way to work to tell me to hurry home because "he does not know what happened but Rudi is puking blood". So I hysterically rush home crying thinking Rudi is like dying and I get here to find Josh already having cleaned up Rudi's puke and Rudi acting like nothing happened and prancing around like a champ... of course I scoop Rudi up and rush him to the vet thinking something terrible is wrong. After an ER visit with our family vet he found nothing wrong and sent Rudi and I home telling me to watch him, feed a bland diet, and call him if anything worsens or changes. So feeling confused I head back home not convinced at all that Rudi is ok I start considering calling our secondary vet. When I get home my boyfriend then tells me "well I don't know it may not have been blood there was just some pink in it" so I start looking around trying to consider if I have given him anything that could have caused either pink saliva or something of that nature. I finally could not come up with any answers so I left to go to work and told Josh to watch Rudi closely and not give him any water or food for right now (was afraid if it was something that he could dehydrate). So I get to work and I am just getting settled in when I get a text message from josh saying "no worries it was just a starburst". Come to find out Josh thought it would be a good idea to stuff his roll of starburst down into the crease of our sectional and Rudi found them and stole one. I have been keeping all junk food out of the house trying to eat healthier and josh is the junk food king... also he is a 27 year old third grader He is such an smart guy.... 2 college degrees.... still a giant kid in so many ways. Anyway back on subject Rudi is acting fine no more puking and has since drank some water and ate a few bites of chicken with no ill effects. Should I be concerned??? Any reason to call another vet? He is pottying like normal and no more upset belly it seems and is extremely playful like always... I just am concerned because just the idea that it COULD have been blood scares me to death but family vet says he is fine... granted he is an older vet but has never steered me wrong at any time and always refers elsewhere if he feels like he does not have enough experience in a certain area. I trust my vet and my gut says nothing is wrong but... thats my baby and I just don't want to put him in any danger at all. This all happened about 5pm this afternoon and its now 1:30am here. Rudi ate and drank for the first time since the incedent at about 11pm.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!