View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #15
momofreese
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thank you all so much. Now I am even more concerned as to how my vet, who I have been using for over 9 years would tell me that Reese does not have cushings. She was tested two weeks ago (I was told to rule out cushings/thyroid issues etc) with a full panel blood test $125 dollars and a urineanalysis for $99 and the office visit which was another $60 or $70. I was not informed that it was sent out to tenneesee and do not really understand how my vet could rule it out if the necessary test needed to go there and cost $280 alone. I just want an accurate diagnosis. I have called at least four to five times since asking what I should be doing now and was told just to watch her and try to stay away from all of the treats/vegetables. One of the partners told me to try certain foods like if you can believe brussel sprouts, broccoli, bananas, rye bread and a few others, brown rice to try to help with the possible bladder stones. I was not told anything about the possible cushings or thyroid issues and to just rule it out. My husband is getting fed up with me doubting everyone but I hate to say I have proven it time and time again, that you have to be your own advocate and especially that of our furbaby and children due to the many mistakes that are made in almost every area in life. Sorry to sound so negative but I am finding if I ask ten people I get ten different answers, from every dr or corporation etc. I appreciate all of the help and I am going to call right now and find out how they can rule out cushings when they didn't order the more elaborate tests. Will keep all posted and if any other suggestions come up please do post and let me know.. thanks.
momofreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!