View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
luvdorkyyorkies
BANNED!

Default I attended my first dog show.

Over the weekend I got to attend my first dog show.
I was so impressed by how well the dogs were trained! Sitting for long periods of time on a show mat, on a table, barely moving a muscle, their masters walking away.....the dogs not attended mind you and they laid there acting as kings and queens!! The puppies a lil more active but still so trained, so beautiful.
I got to watch my friend get Grand Champion with a maltese with points toward the premiere.
I watched the cutest young lady and her adorable yorkie take champion at 7 months. First shows for them and in two days the pup was a UKC champion. The young lady shook when her puppy took the ribbons. It was so cuteand touching........her hard work paying off......I almost cried myself watching the two.
My friends yorkie not doing so well, lil bugger wouldnt hold his tail up....although he did well otherwise........just cant win em all!
I think I was more nervous then the handlers when I was watching them show. Looks easy enough but its not, lots to know really, more then you may think.
I just want to say to you that show your dogs, hats off to the incredible work, time, love, effort you put into your yorkies. Its not just about grooming, not just about conformation either........although those things are incredibly important, the hours spent with your yorkies for them to be so trained must be countless. It would take enormous dedication. I admire it and appreciate it.
Maybe one day Ill have a baby to show, I hope we get there (if I can stand the anxiety..lol)and learn the art improved beautiful breeding. Until then thank you for showing the best of the best so others who want the same have the map to follow.
The beauty of these yorkies were breathtaking. They all looked like winners to me.
luvdorkyyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!