View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #8
Summus Animus
Yorkie Yakker

Hello~~
I have a nine-week old and a five-month old. For treats, I use the puppy foods that they eat (they are currently on two different brands). I guess fruits and veggies are healthy but my boys can't get enough of their individual foods... so for us, the foods work extremely well.
We started giving our older puppy bananas and carrots as treats but he was strictly on dry puppy food and Virbac's Nutri Plus until he reached five months. We didn't want to introduce human food too early fearing he might become a finicky/picky eater. Just a personal preference.
Our younger puppy will be on the same restricted diet until he reaches five months.

We started "practicing" teeth brushing around twelve weeks. They'll eventually lose their baby teeth but getting them used to having their teeth brushed will probably save you tons of hassle in the future. Again, this is personal preference. We use Virbac toothpaste (chicken flavor). It comes with a toothbrush.

As for the amount of food you should feed...We were told to feed 3%-4% of the puppy's weight (taking all measurement conversions into account, of course). The results should fall in the ballpark of the amount recommended on the food bag.

Hope this helps~~
Summus Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!