View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #11
Sophie2010
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritapatt View Post
We have had Abby(6 1/2 mo) for a few months- Ziva is 2 1/2 yrs. Ziva is very bossy, quick and dominant , always has been and we love her fiesty attitude and quick wit. I picked Abby for her sweet,calm, peaceful attitude- lots to love there too!
We keep them in separate crates at night, near each other, just getting ready to buy Abby a larger crate to match Ziva's. Abby is teething big time and we have had a random wetting incident overnite.It would be unfair to ask Ziva to sleep in that, and I think they need their own space.They have only cuddled when we had a short cold spell- it was adorable!
I feed all the dogs (3 females) separately-on advise from my vet- Abby in her XPen- I can touch their food, but they seem to get edgey when another dog is near, they also eat at different speeds- Ziva picks- so it gives everyone time to finish.
I was giving Ziva lots of attention but it backfired a little and she started pushing Abby and growling- I had to show that Abby was just as important to me, I held her in my lap while petting/loving Ziva...
Abby has been hard to train -she too poops when she is getting hungry again instead of after she eats- hard to judge the timing (ie. she poops before meals!)
Two is a lot of fun, Ziva was way too lonely and bored without her little shadow.
Thanks! Sophie seemed bored too, especially when we were busy or had to work (I get to work from home primarily), so it's nice that she has a little buddy now.
Sophie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!