View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJBEVSBABY3 View Post
BJ is now over 10 weeks old so I am trying to get her on dry dog food. Wet food has about 80 percent water. I have been adding dry kibble to her wet food. She eats her wet food she was weaned on and then plays with the kibble. Throws them up in the air and arouond and then eats them.
Some have told me to leave the dry food out for her and others say feed them and then take it up. Anyone more experienced with this have any suggestions? My baby who passed away always ate wet dog food but it is not good for their teeth since it would have been easier to get in Fort Knox than her little mouth. This is why I am trying to get BJ on dry dog food. The breeder sent me home with Purina Puppy Food, different colors and the Vet gave me a kit from Iams. Any opinions on this? Help appreciated
She's still pretty young, at that age, some breeders mash up the kibble and add water to it. You don't really have to worry too much about her teeth, she will be losing these in the next year, it's her adult teeth that you have to take care of.

Join today and remove this ad!