View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
I've never seen that behavior in my boy. A bit of training might be needed.

I think they do what you allow them too. For example, we were at my aunts house in new years day. She had a tiny poodle mix dog, he was adorable!!! He played nice with Kaji for 2 minutes, then his bad manners came out. The entire afternoon, the poodle mix was trying to obsessively lick Kaji's peeper. It was creepy!!!! His people allowed it, so the poodle mix continued to come after Kaji. Kaji kept hopping into my lap to get away from the pup.

Maybe I'm just extremely lucky Kaji is the way he is. If I say no, he listens and stops what he's doing.
Kash usually listens pretty well! We've just had him for over a month now and he's learned some simple "tricks" when we've done some training, and we do make him stop licking himself whenever we see it! At first we thought it was itchy from healing. He still had one stitch that hadn't dissolved (it has since!), but from having surgeries myself, I know they can stay itchy for awhile, so that might just be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie6446 View Post
lolol! My rescue Jackson (maltese) peed on Zoey several times at the dog park. I scolded him each time and he stopped. I still watch him whenever she pees and he is next to her. It has been months since he did that so I am hoping that he doesn't do that again. And as to the dog licking the other dog's private area - my Zoey has done that to Jackson and I tell her to stop. Dogs will be dogs.
Cherie
I have never seen or heard of that happening before! And Kash is also a Maltese cross! He's very obviously dominant over her, so I'm sure he's not trying to show her anything like that. My best guess is he was trying to pee on her pile but she hadn't gone away yet!

He is so weird about his private area lol... If I pet him or cuddle him or anything, as soon as I stop he will immediately put his head down there and have a look, and I always tell him "It's okay Kash, I didn't take it!"
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!