View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
KaseyLyn05
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Bailey's Spay :/

Bailey is getting spayed today. I think i might be having a harder time that she is. I've been so sad all day, i cried for a bit when i dropped her off. I know this is for the best, but i feel terrible for doing this to her . She's having the laser surgery, and also she is getting the safest anesthesia. I wanted top of the line for my baby, b/c she is worth it. My mom is going to be picking her up this afternoon, I will be at work. I already can't wait to get off work and home to my babygirl.

I'm wondering what i can expect now that she will be fixed. Bailey is a very active dog. She lives with 5 toy poodles, and so she is constantly running around playing with everything. This is going to be hard to not allow her to jump on things for the next 2 weeks. I'm going to have to make her sleep in her crate at night, so she doesn't jump off the bed throughout the night. It's going to break my heart. When I go to work, she usually stays in my mom's office (she works from home) with all the other dogs. But for the next 2 weeks, she is going to leave her in her crate and only take her out to go outside. My heart is already breaking for Bailey. She is not going to like this. Would it be a good idea to take her for a long walk since I can't allow her to run and jump around the house like she usually does?

Is it true that dogs gain weight after being fixed? I really question this one b/c bailey is so active. Will her personality change any? I'm just not sure what to expect, I hope it's nothing drastic.

I can't wait to have my little baby back in my arms, I miss her already!

oh also, they will be sending her home with the cone for her head. Will she be able to eat with that thing on? or lay down?

KaseyLyn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!