View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #9
Fatalivy
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
So you have the right idea, ie back to the drawing board. She might just be naturally a touch more timid/fearful, or an anxious dog; and it was nothing you did or didn't do per say.

Ok she is not treat motivated. then how about toys? Try to reward with toy play instead of treats.

Sit; try having all your pups sit before the breakie or dinner. See if she shivers then. If not then work the down with the immediate "treat" of dinner or breakfast.

Then throw all those expecatations out, and try some very fun trick training. Crawling, rolling over, clap hands, shake paws, play dead etc.
Get down to her level for a bit. Release your own tension etc, and just have fun on the floor with your doll.

I have a fearful dog who shuts down with training; but I can get her to do almost anything when we "dance together".

Thanks for the suggestions.
I was working with my youngest pup yesterday doing sit and down and Ivy went behind a chair and shivered until the training session was over. She's prob just an anxious dog, whom I will have to spend extra time with to assure her. Sh'se so sweet, so I hate that she feels this way. Makes me sad.
Fatalivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!