View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
ritapatt
YT 1000 Club Member

We have had Abby(6 1/2 mo) for a few months- Ziva is 2 1/2 yrs. Ziva is very bossy, quick and dominant , always has been and we love her fiesty attitude and quick wit. I picked Abby for her sweet,calm, peaceful attitude- lots to love there too!
We keep them in separate crates at night, near each other, just getting ready to buy Abby a larger crate to match Ziva's. Abby is teething big time and we have had a random wetting incident overnite.It would be unfair to ask Ziva to sleep in that, and I think they need their own space.They have only cuddled when we had a short cold spell- it was adorable!
I feed all the dogs (3 females) separately-on advise from my vet- Abby in her XPen- I can touch their food, but they seem to get edgey when another dog is near, they also eat at different speeds- Ziva picks- so it gives everyone time to finish.
I was giving Ziva lots of attention but it backfired a little and she started pushing Abby and growling- I had to show that Abby was just as important to me, I held her in my lap while petting/loving Ziva...
Abby has been hard to train -she too poops when she is getting hungry again instead of after she eats- hard to judge the timing (ie. she poops before meals!)
Two is a lot of fun, Ziva was way too lonely and bored without her little shadow.
ritapatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!