View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
myteddybear
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I believe that you do love your dog and because of that you owe it to him to do what it takes to fix the problem. Reading, researching, training...

If all else fails and you simply can not do it then you learn the art of confining, constant supervision and belly bands. Whatever it takes to make it work because if you love him and can't cope what happens when he ends up in another home where they haven't loved him and they can't cope? He goes home to home, ends up in the pound or worse of all ends up abused or killed because someone else couldn't cope.

Mine is 2 and was once doing perfectly in her pad training until we moved and her routine was thrown out of wack. She then started having accidents all the time. Because we are now in a rented house with carpeting it just couldn't happen. She now wears pants at all times when out and about the house. Several times a day at certain times I take her to the laundry room where her pads are and say "let's go potty" "take your pants off" and we stay in there until she goes. We then have our potty party where she gets BIG praise and special treats. She only had two accidents in the pants in the first two days and now will sometimes even ask to go potty. We will stick with this as long as it takes. I don't have to worry about the rented carpets, she gets her freedom and is learning. Win win.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!