View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
Sunny95
YT 1000 Club Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvindy View Post
I would suggest going to the 'Top of the Rock' (Rockefeller Center observaton deck). the lines are WAY shorter than at the Empire State Building and, from the top, you can get a really good look AT the Empire State building. If you have a 7 year-old with you I am sure she would probably love to visit the American Girl store by Times Square - even my DH was impressed by the size or that store! As a freebie you can take the ferry to Staten Island. It goes right past the statue of Liberty. Then you can take it back again for aonther look at Lady Liberty...you are going to have so much fun!!
My Dad has Rockefeller Center on the itinerary! He is quite the planner and loves to travel.

I have mixed feeling on the American Girl store. As of right now we plan to go, but I know my daughter will be all about it and have to have a doll. It's not that I mind getting her one, it's that when when we get home it will be tossed aside as usual. They are expensive and I would love to see that money go to something more worthwhile. Is that wrong?
I know every little girl loves dolls. Lindsey is blessed to have so many things. I just want her to appreciate them. Did I mention she's an only child (like me) and the only Grandchild on both sides. There is a tendency to spoil her a bit. It's crazy, my parents made a point not to spoil me and made me work for things if I wanted them. It seems like now that they are Grandparents that all went out the window. Hilarious! It's me that has to say "hold a minute". Oh boy!

The Staten Island Ferry idea is excellent!!!!!!! I will certainly add that to the list.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!