View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

No, he took off when you looked at the spot because he knew you were going to rub his nose in it, hit him and then lock him in his kennel. He'll never learn this way and all it will do is make him fear you and it will make him afraid of his kennel when that should be a place of comfort and security for him.

Is he neutered? If you aren't going to breed him neutering may help.

You need to get a good cleaner to remove all of the smell so he won't continue to use the same spot.

Is he pad trained? This might help if you can't get him out when he needs to go.

Have you tried crate training? This is very effective when done properly.

You are a stay at home Mom...I am a retired Mom...and I get mine out at least every couple of hours. They are also crate trained and pad trained so I never have to worry about accidents in the wrong place.

Hitting your dog and rubbing their nose in an 'accident' is never the right way to go...they will go when they need to...it's all about training and you need to help him learn how to let you know when he needs out or you need to train him to use a pad inside when you can't let him out.

If you're not sure how to train him you can find all of that information right here on YT by using the search feature but I'm sure others will come along and offer their advice too.

Last edited by my2boyz; 01-12-2012 at 12:02 PM.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!