View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 11:43 AM   #15
RubyC
Senior Yorkie Talker

Crowmtn: sounds like Hitch is getting the hang of it.

My Cookie is almost 5 months and she's pretty much got the hang of the wee wee pads but still has her accidents, mostly when she's overly excited. One thing she did do is she would sniff her pad, get her nose right up to it but pee right off the pad. I couldn't figure out why b/c obviously she knew where her pad was in the corner of her room. Well with time I figured out that she didn't like to step on the soiled wee wee pad so now I rotate it or simply put a clean one down. Talk about a fussy Diva!! Getting her to poop on the pads has been a much s l o w e r process. I've come to realize that she will poop at certain times of the day, like right in the morning and before bed time so i'll watch her and when she starts sniffing and going in circles i know to pick her up and place her on her wee wee pad. Luckily we are making process. I have also taken her outside and she has her spot now where she will go pee pee and poop. Its a shame that winter is coming and I will feel bad taking her out in the winter or even a cool fall morning. How cold is too cold for a yorkie?
It just takes time and patience. Regardless she gets a treat and who ever is around will shower her w/ praises everytime she goes on her pad.

-RubyC

Last edited by RubyC; 09-15-2004 at 11:52 AM.
RubyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!