View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
hncooley
Yorkie Yakker

Default new here.. just saying hello! also, quick question

I have just recently added a four month old yorkie named miles to my family.. we just wanted to introduce ourselves and say hello! also, i had a question about potty training (yes, i know, yet another one.. there are a lot of them here. sorry)

he is being crate trained, and so far it's been going great.. he knows that when we go outside it's time to go potty. however i've noticed that when the weather is not comfortable (too cold, or too wet) he won't go potty outside. he will stand in one spot and stare at me until we go back inside, and then he'll potty there.

my question is.. what do you guys do with your doggies when the weather is bad, and they can't/won't go outside? i have thought about purchasing puppy pads, and i've read good things about them, but i think my main problem with them is i can't wrap my head around how they're supposed to work.. to me, it seems like you're only teaching the dog that it's okay to potty inside (a certain spot inside, maybe, but still ). also, if i did go with the puppy pads, could i train him to potty outside and still use the pads, or would that just confuse him?

i have also thought about buying him a sweater, so that he might be more comfortable when he's outside in the cold, but i can't seem to find one that's small enough to fit him (he was the smallest puppy in his litter.. only weighed 3lbs 10oz when i took him to a vet). is there a place i can go to that has a wide variety of dog clothes, some that might possibly fit him?

i'll also include a few pictures of my precious new baby. (well, i'll try to.. i'm new here, like i said, hopefully i do it right!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miles1.jpg (33.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg miles2.jpg (50.8 KB, 26 views)
hncooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!