View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #14
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My baby Milo View Post
I have not saw him scooting anymore just licking. He also licks his feet. I took him to the vet today to let them express his anal gland and only a tiny bit came out. They said it sounds like allergies for me to change his food. Any suggestions
A lot of dogs have chicken allergies. You could try a chicken and grain-free food to start. Something simple.

California Natural has some simple formulas with only one meat source - they have Lamb, Kangaroo, Salmon and Chicken grain-free.

Acana has four grainfree formulas and I think two or three of them don't include chicken.

Not that chicken is necessarily the culprit; sometimes it's just trial & error.

Jackson was eating some grain inclusive foods for a while and he began itching a bit more (nothing obsessive, but just more than usual, his hair also was coming out a bit more and obviously, they are non-shedding dogs, so that's not normal). Once I switched him back to grainfree, I found his minor problems went away. I'm not sure if it's grains in general, or something more specific, like maybe the barley or oatmeal. I dunno.

I feel like it's mostly just trial & error and finding what works best for your dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!