Thread: Treats Please!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
MorkieMomma
Inactive Account

Default Treats Please!

Hi,

I'm desperately searching for some healthy treats for our dogs. The two issues are that our Brussels (Sprout) doesn't do well with any sort of grains. The other issue is that they need to be something both him and Bella can have. She's a puppy (4 mos) and he's technically a senior (will be 12 years old this year).

They cannot have separate treats, as we have tried that and they both chuck hissy fits at the fact that one is getting something the other one is not (even if we feed them their treats at the same time).

They need to be something that is not rich...and very light, because I'm teaching Bella commands and tricks, and I fully believe in the treat method. I did it with our Brussels and he did awesome (but no longer requires treats every time, just sometimes). Bella weighs 2.6 lbs...I don't need to be stuffing her tiny tummy full of cement mix, if you know what I mean..so something light and tiny.

Recipes are MORE than welcome also. I've found a lot of recipes online, but most of them have some sort of flour, which Sprout cannot have and I'm not keen on letting Bella have it either.

Thanks so much!

MorkieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!