View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

I have had a few pups with CT. I have one right now who is about 12 and I had no idea he had it until recently. He actually has a severe one, but is asymptomatic. They said that does sometimes happen. We found out when he was xrayed for something else.

Others have had that typical goose honk. One lived to be an older pup around 14 and he did not pass from CT.

A foster I had did pass due to cardiac problems related to CT.

What I am trying to say here is that every single one is different. It sounds like your pup is doing well. I would just continue to do what you are doing and keep a record like you are now. The one thing you want to do is to keep him from being over exercised, especially in hot and humid temperatures. And, as people have mentioned, keep his weight in the normal range.

Hopefully, he won't have any issues. There are many different meds that can be used if coughing becomes an issue. Try to relax...and maybe not read too much. It is good to be knowledgeable...but you don't want to read the horror stories and end up worried sick. He may never have a really bad case!

Feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions or concerns.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!