View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I'd watch Charlie for your answers. Different ones seem to understand different levels and/or be bothered by them. My fur babies have shown mild to major depression when family members...including when other fur babies have left...including after the first weekend we puppysat a friend's Shih Tzu...which is why we got Mia as a companion/playmate for Brody. The range can be from easy adjustment to outright 'hostility' as family members come and go...like my sister's cat, Tammy.

When my sister went to college and didn't take Tammy, he 'adopted' me and snubbed her completely, even when she came home for breaks. She'd try to make it up to him but he'd run to me. She felt awful but couldn't have pets in the dorm. Even after I moved away 2 years later, he would get up on the shoulder of whoever was talking to me and put his head between theirs and the receiver and literally 'take the phone away' and meow, and meow, and meow, telling all about how my sister had jilted him. It was so bad that when my sister got married and moved away, she took her dog, Lucy (my Yorkie-Poo, Stormy's puppy), with her but left Tammy...Tammy completely snubbed and 'never' quite forgave her.

Basically, I do whatever my fuzz butts seem to need done, so I'd say if Charlie's happy, perfect, and I wouldn't change anything that didn't need changing.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!