View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Okay guys... I'm joining.

I used to say I hated when my girl friends would try like crazy to lose weight before their wedding and became obsessed with it, and I told my fiance to slap me back to reality if I ever told him I needed to lose weight for our wedding!

Well, now I want to lose weight for our wedding. But not just for our wedding. I used to be skinny, and now I think my metabolism has slowed down in the past couple of years. On Saturday I went shopping and I found a great deal on a cute dress from Guess... and I couldn't even zip it up I'm starting to feel like a slob and my self-esteem is going down the drain.

I would like to lose 5-10 lbs by June (wedding is July). I am going to make an effort to make healthy lunches at night, so I'm not rushing and just throwing in something unhealthy in the morning! We rarely eat out, but I want to cook healthier options at home. I need to start planning meals well in advance.

As for exercise, I need to remember to wear my kinetic activity monitor I got at work. On top of monetary motivation (depending on how many points we get, the company will put money into our wellness account which goes towards us purchasing gym memberships, home gym equipment, etc), it's also interesting to see how much or how little I'm doing by the end of each day. Over the holidays I thought I was lazing around and I got about 15-20 points per day. My first day back at work, I only got 4 points by the time I got home from work

When the weather is warmer, I want to get outside more and take the dogs for walks too. For now, I want to start doing my Zumba game more often on Wii. It's a great workout, and it's fun!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!