View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwind30 View Post
I need help! I received a complaint from a neighbor today that my yorkie is barking too much. We live in a house and he likes to sit in the window and look out to the front yard and the street. She and her husband sit in their front yard the majority of the day every day and they can hear him when he barks. I have checked with other neighbors who say they only hear him if they are outside and only if there is something going on.
He is eleven years old and I am at work all day. This seems to be something the neighbor is pretty upset about; altho this is the first time they have said anything.
I have tried putting a kiddie gate up and confining him to the other side of the house; he is miserable as there is nothing to look at and keep him occupied. so miserable in fact that he tries to crawl under the gate to get back to the front side of the house.
My husband passed away 18 months ago and prior to that he was home with our little guy all day and able to monitor his behavior. Now, I have to be gone all day so I don't know how often or how much he is actually barking.
At any rate I need some suggestions any help would be appreciated
You poor, poor lady - I really feel for you

They must know everything you've been through - and should be doing all they can to help you be happy at the other end.

As you thought you were friends - have you tried sitting down and really talking with them, explaining to them, as you have to us? Maybe they'll end up doing a little doggy-sitting?!!?

The trouble is, they're quite entitled to be sitting wherever they like, doing whatever they like - as you are! They've obviously got a bee in their joint bonnet as they've nothing better to do all day - but that doesn't help you.

I realise you don't want to do it - but keeping the shades/curtains closed 'til you get home is probably the easiest, ultimately kindest, thing to do

I really do wish you luck - must be a nightmare for you. Sally + Harry x
Harrysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!