View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #12
Jennyms319
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintoLady View Post

This pen is the 6 week and up set up. Before 6 weeks, the paper area is divided into paper and bed. So the pups had to climb straight from their bed into the paper. They immediately went potty after climbing out of bed. So the scent stays there. Bedding and the play area had to be kept VERY clean. So once a day (more when necessary) the pups were wiped with puppy wipes. the play area was cleaned with lysol and the bedding was changed. At 6 weeks, the pups don't want to potty near their bed so the bed gets moved and the pen opened up a bit. Now my girls come and go when I'm supervising them and are fairly consistent with going on the paper.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!
Your pups are adorable!!

I really like your pen. I like the vertical bars on it. It looks like that would make it harder for them to escape when they are big enough to do that. Have you found that to be true? Alot of the pens I have seen have the horizontal and vertical grates which make me think of a ladder for these little ones . Where did you get yours? very good idea about wiping them off each time. Thats why I love yorkie talk, I don't think that ever dawned on me but I could see how that would help with potty training. I can't wait until I can get a baby but until then I will keep learning great tips. Thanks so much!!
Jennyms319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!