View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCyorkiepup View Post
We live in a condo building in NYC and we just adopted our yorkie pup a couple of weeks ago. He is 4 months old. Thus far, we have not had a problem with him barking at all while we are home. When we leave the apartment, we put him in his playpen. In his playpen, he has everything he needs...pee pad, water, a little food, his crate, a toy. When we come home, we can hear him barking from the elevator, and we have no idea how long he has been barking! Has anyone experienced this and have any insight on how to prevent this so our neighbors won't hate us?
We had exactly the same problem when Harry was tiny - fine while we/I was there - absolute chaos when we weren't

We tried leaving the tv/radio on - but nothing could drown out that noise. I think Harry used to compete with it! Once he was completely house-trained, we secured everything and gave him a much free-er run of the house. That really did help.

All I can say is - it does get easier as they get older. Completely agree with the suggestion of good doggy-daycare if it's affordable for you. In the meantime (what we did - and it made us feel a lot better!) we visited all our neighbours and explained the situation, pre-empting complaints.

I really hope it works out ok for you - good luck! Sally + Harry x
Harrysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!