View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Yorkii25
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Vaccinations - NEED HELP!

Hi,
My yorkie is 6 months old today. Regarding my pup's routine, I live in the city and I try to take her out for walks around the block as much as I can. I do not take her to the dog park yet. She mostly stays at home during the day because I am at work and the weather is very cold now in Montreal- so she can only withstand the temperature for 5-10 min at a time during our walks.

I got her from a breeder when she was 3 months old. My breeder took care of the first vaccination, which included: DA2pp (base) (Distemper, Adenovirus, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza).

The second vaccination included: DA2pp (base) + Lepto + Rabies shot

The third vaccination included: Lepto + DAPPv (Distemper, Adenovirus, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, (Pomona, grippotyphosa, canicola, icterohaemorrhagiae).

I want to know if my dog received the right vaccines. I am worried about side effects or long term negative effects that these vaccines may have. When my yorkie received the vaccines, she didn't have severe reactions to them, she simply was very quiet and calm for 2 days and slept a lot. After her 3rd vaccination, she shivered a little bit, but the vet said it was due to stress and to the pain of the shot (in her left leg). My vet wants to give my pup a 4th vaccination- yet another dose of Lepto and DAPPv. I've read mixed reviews about the vaccines that my dog received and I am not sure what to do. Is a 4th vaccination necessary? I would greatly appreciate some advice and help on this matter. thanks!
Yorkii25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!