View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #10
lillymae
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneticgal View Post
Funny - I am a MRI tech. MRIs cannot diagnose epilepsy, but rather rule out other possible causes of seizures such as brain tumors, ect
I am nearly 100% convinced it is not a tumor, as she is exhibiting no other symptoms and her labs were stone cold normal. Yes I suppose I could go with the MRI to rule out the one in a million chance of it being a tumor, but at some point you have to be practical as well. And let's face it- MRi requires anesthesia and that in and of itself has risks - trust me I know. I love my baby very very much but I would never subject her to a craniotomy ( brain surgery) if I were to find a tumor. I see people suffer every day and I will not do that to my girl. I am researching the meds to see the least toxic and the one that has the least side effects before I put her on something. It's so hard when they are sick- ugh!!!
You have don x-ray so that would rule out AAI but only MRI can rule out Chiari witch yorkies are prone to. Depending on the severity of a Chiari your baby may or may not show other symptoms. I had a Chiari pup who showed no real symptoms till the age of 6 yrs. Seizure meds will not work alone with a Chiari.
lillymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!