View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #9
Magneticgal
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymae View Post
I know that lots of vets will diagnose epilepsy with diff diagnostics but I will always insist on an MRI & Spinal as there are things that yorkies are prone to that can cause seizures & can only be found with these diagnostics. Without these things being done I don't believe diagnostics can be complete & your dog could have something that if put on the appropriate meds can live seizure free.
Funny - I am a MRI tech. MRIs cannot diagnose epilepsy, but rather rule out other possible causes of seizures such as brain tumors, ect
I am nearly 100% convinced it is not a tumor, as she is exhibiting no other symptoms and her labs were stone cold normal. Yes I suppose I could go with the MRI to rule out the one in a million chance of it being a tumor, but at some point you have to be practical as well. And let's face it- MRi requires anesthesia and that in and of itself has risks - trust me I know. I love my baby very very much but I would never subject her to a craniotomy ( brain surgery) if I were to find a tumor. I see people suffer every day and I will not do that to my girl. I am researching the meds to see the least toxic and the one that has the least side effects before I put her on something. It's so hard when they are sick- ugh!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!