View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
brezofleur
Donating YT Addict

Angry Oh No - Bad Day At The Groomers

Hi everyone!

We adopted Zeus on New Year's Eve from a local rescue. He was extremely underweight and covered in dirt, urine, and who knows what else. A week later, he has settled in wonderfully, and even sleeps with our cat (who thinks he's a dog) at night if he's not sleeping in between me and Daddy. He's gained a couple of ounces so far and filling in.

Yesterday he was taken to the groomers. My last dog was short haired and did not require any special grooming that I could not do myself, so I haven't had a groomer before. I called around based on Yelp reviews and only 1 called me back (out of 6!). So I made an appointment yesterday morning and picked him up in the afternoon.

The first picture shows him how he was on Day 1. The second is what he looks now. These were taken on my phone so I'm sorry they're not the utmost quality.

I asked for a trim. What I got was uneven sides and a chopped beard, uneven face, and too-short ears (which are also really uneven!). I wasn't happy she chopped off his beard (and left the rest of his body longer) and left. It wasn't until I was back at work with Zeus that I noticed how uneven he was.

Now, in the groomer's defense, Zeus does NOT like his face combed, so I can imagine how he was being cut. But, she still cut it off.

So my question now is...am I the only one who thinks this is horrible? Having a puppy face and a longer cut body? I think he looks ridiculous and I'll probably end up going somewhere else to get a puppy cut so everything will grow together.

What would you all do? Suck it up and wait for it to grow back? Or cut off everything to make him even?

I just don't want the cat laughing at him.

Thanks!
Heather
Attached Thumbnails
Oh No - Bad Day At The Groomers-img_0111.jpg   Oh No - Bad Day At The Groomers-img_0120.jpg  
brezofleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!