View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Default what would YOU do??

My next door neighbor, and friends, purchased a yorkie boy back in the summer. She wanted it to be a surprise to me so she didn't tell me...well, her son did the week before she got him...Me, being so passionate of this breed, brought over 2 books that I bought before I got my first one, and told her to read them and go on line to research this breed....Well....she didn't. She was diagnosed with breast cancer the month before she got him being told she wouldn't need chemo,...well she did...needless to say we ALL know how puppies are...she had a difficult time with him as he is EXTREMELY hyper and tears up their house...He was about 5 months old when her husband came to me with tears in his eyes saying he doesn't think they can keep him...well he said that to the wrong/right person! I told them I would take him for a couple of weeks so they could make up their mind...after that he would become part of OUR family....they decided to keep him...I did try to talk to them and tell them all I know of this breed, how they shouldn't be left alone for long periods, NOT easily house trained...ect...Well, he is left home alone A LOT..breaks my heart as I hear him barking all the time...He has fleas so he isn't allowed in my house...I have tried to help them with this...told them of a holistic way to treat fleas that is safe for him...the dawn baths..etc...he is now 7 months old and has had SEVERAL flea treatments applied to him...the poor little guy has all these chemicals running through his little body...although he is going to be a bigger boy....he is still a pup....they are headed out today to buy another pup...a Lhasa this time. (their little girl passed away last Jan..).they feel it would be great company for their little guy..which I agree with....but, now they will have 2 puppies alone all the time...I told her I would help her find a good breeder in the area in the event the puppy is sick and needs to go back....they are headed out to New York...over 7 hours away to pick up their little girl from a "breeder" (term used loosely) who have 6 females that she said all got pregnant at the same time She has 37 puppies running around,,I was told in the basement!!! I didn't say a word...to me this sounds like a mill or broker...I had tried to talk to them about watching for "flags"...this to ME is a HUGE flag!! I just feel so bad and they won't listen to me...I am not saying I know EVERYTHING ( as her husband has told me I do) I tell people I know a little about a lot! I guess I just needed to vent this...sorry it's so long
edited to add: Her 7 month old boy is NOT neutered!! I told her that females can come into season at 6 months and she should consider neutering her male....NOW! she looked at me and said..."I think they would make cute puppies" I said...are you KIDDING ME???..rolled my eyes and walked away...I am DONE trying to help these people...

Last edited by BLowry; 01-07-2012 at 08:00 AM.
BLowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!