View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #8
Smokey2011
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

[QUOTE=Does anyone understand my obsessive/compulsive tendencies toward my dog? I need some validation, please.[/QUOTE]

In looking at some of your past posts, I can see that you have had more than your share of medical problems but your dog has managed to get to age 9, so WELL DONE!!! It's the unknown and the trial and error we have to go through with our pets that can drive us crazy and certainly, I can validate you in that regard.

Concerned and cautious is one thing and obsessive/compulsive is totally something else and only you can determine that. Is your concern over your dog destroying your own quality of life? Is it affecting your relationships? Is it affecting your dog's quality of life? If so, then there is help out there.

OCD is no picnic and although I dont have it myself, I've lived with it for many years. Interestingly enough, Smokey is both a pleasant diversion and a calming influence in our lives despite the moderate chaos that comes along with raising a puppy, but we did discuss whether or not introducing him to our lives was going to ramp up my partner's OCD or not before we got him. Thankfully, it hasn't.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!