View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
LoveBug
Senior Yorkie Talker

I had an appointment for Caesar when he was 6 months old and cancelled it and posted here with my fears. I was scared to death to have it done for the same reasons. Do make sure they use Isoflurine (sp?). and he will be fine. I rescheduled him at 10 months old when Cleo was 6 months old. Had them both done at the same time and insisted in taking them home that evening. The receptionist had a fit and had to ask the vet but when I ask her who in their right mind would leave their babies in a cage over night all alone she saw it my way. I ask who would be staying with them after 8 pm when they closed and she said no one. I said I will be and I picked them both up at 6 pm. Caesar moaned that night and just didn't seem to be able to get comfortable because he normally starts out sleeping on his stomach but the next morning you couldn't even tell he had the surgery. Cleo took a few days to get back to herself but they both did great. Prior to the surgery Casear had started raising his leg outside but still was squatting on the potty pads in the house. He never marked in the house and still squats on the pads and outside. Everyonce in awhile you will see him raise his leg outside but he raises it straight up and almost falls over so I think he has realized that squatting is just easier. He use to hump his octapus before the surgery and did so for a solid 7 days after but hasn't since then and he is now 1 yr 3 mo.

Over Christmas holiday I set for my stepsons dog Max a 10 mo old Cocker Spaniel and he raised his leg on everything in my house and let me tell you it isn't just pee. It is very bright yellow and hard as heck to get out of the carpet. So this made me very glad that I had Caesar's surgery.

If you are only concerned about the anesthesia talk to your vet explain your concerns and ask him what he plans to use. If it's not Isoflurine (sp?) then insist he uses it or find another vet and your pup will do just fine.

Hang in there and keep us posted.
LoveBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!